Varicose veins are enlarged, tortuous, swollen veins, raised above the surface of the skin. They can occur anywhere but more common on legs because standing and walking upright increases the pressure in the veins of the lower body. Arteries carry blood from your heart out to your extremities, delivering oxygen deep into the tissue. Veins then return the de-oxygenated blood (now blue) back to your heart to be re-circulated. To return this blood to the heart, your leg veins must work against gravity. Small, one-way valves in the veins open to allow blood to flow upward, toward the heart, and then close to prevent it from flowing backward. Varicose veins occur when the valves in superficial leg veins malfunction. When this occurs, the valve may be unable to close, allowing blood that should be moving towards the heart to flow backward (called venous reflux). Blood collects in your lower veins causing them to enlarge and become varicose.
Non Surgical Treatment for Varicose
- Bumpy, swollen twisted veins raising over the skin surface of legs.
- Aching, heavy legs (often worse at night and after exercise).
- Appearance of spider veins in the affected leg.
- Jobs requiring prolonged sitting or standing.
- Ankle swelling.Ankle swelling.
- A brownish-blue shiny skin discoloration near the affected veins.
- Redness, dryness, and itchiness of areas of skin.
- Cramps Minor injuries to the area may bleed more than normal and/or take a long time to heal.
- Non healing venous ulcers over legs mostly on ankles.
- Chronic venous insufficiency.
We are the pioneers to establish the first of its kind clinic specializing exclusively in varicose vein treatment in Hyderabad.
Veindoctor Clinic ™
Mevan Medical Center
# 8-2-277/B/1, Road No 2, Banjara Hills,
Opp: Rainbow Childrens Hospital,
Hyderabad, Telangana. 500034